November 29, 2018
If you’d like to discuss a project or general consulting work, feel free to drop me a line. I operate independently via GormAnalysis LLC based in the New Orleans area. My rate is $115/hr but I’m open to a variety of pricing structures.
My name is Ben Gorman. I’m a math nerd and data scientist based in the New Orleans area. I spent roughly five years as the Senior Data Analyst for Strategic Comp before starting GormAnalysis. I love talking about data science, so never hesitate to shoot me an email if you have questions.
As of January 2017, I was a Kaggle Master ranked in the top 1% of competitors world-wide. (Competitive machine learning for those who are unfamiliar.)
I have a successful track record of doing exploratory data analysis and predictive modeling for clients ranging from retail businesses to marketing agencies to insurance companies. My general approach to this is
- Phone/Video call to discuss project goals
- Review of data to determine magnitude of the project and whether project goals are feasible
- Work agreement is created and executed
From here, the process tends to be iterative as I work with the client to extract useful information from their data and/or build a predictive model. For context, this includes:
- Visualizing the geolocation of client accounts and service teams
- Identifying common complaints and keywords in customer reviews
- Ranking attributes of a sales lead which drive the conversion of a sale
- Identifying patterns and clusters of retail customers’ purchases and behavior
- Predicting which customers are likely to churn
- Predicting which sales leads are likely to convert
- Predicting the expected loss rate of an insurance exposure
- Optimizing a customer products for a “flavor of the month” subscription service
- Estimating Customer Lifetime Value
- Python/R code
- R Shiny web applications
- PDF/HTML/Excel reports
- Algorithm blueprints
- One-on-one consulting
Check out the Projects section of this site for samples of my work.